Try this protein rich spread. Hummus without tahini http://www.peppyfoods.com/recipe/roasted-garlic-hummus/
Reasons To Eat An Apple A day
The Apple fruit is one of the most popular fruit worldwide.Delicious and crunchy apples are continuously being praised as a ‘Miracle Food’ containing an impressive list of antioxidants and essential nutrients for good health.
In this article best health benefit of Apple are mentioned
- DIGESTION – Apples being rich in fiber, helps in the digestive process contain a certain type of fiber called pectin which is classified as soluble fiber it slows down digestion by
attracting water and forming a gel which ultimately helps you feel fuller longer. A diet high in soluble fiber is recommended for people who want to lose weight and who have a problem with frequent loose stools. Apples are a good source of insoluble fiber as well.Apples contain the insoluble fiber cellulose, it does not dissolve in water so it adds bulk to the stool which helps relieve constipation and keep things moving quickly through your digestive system.
- Prevent Heart disease-Apple can reduce the risk of Heart attack.Antioxidant compound found in apple,which help prevent LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and inhibit inflammation. And soluble fiber present in apple lower cholesterol level especially “bad” cholesterol which is responsible for hardening of Arteries.
- Protecting Bones- Compound found in apple help prevent bone loss associated with menopause as it fights the inflammation and free radical production that leads to bone degeneration.It is effective in strengthening bones.
- Improves Neurological Health– The antioxidant called Quercetin is present in apple, lower the chance of cellular death triggered by oxidation of neurons, which reduces the risk of Dementia and protects from Parkinson’s disease.Regular consumption of apple juice can increase the production of neurotransmitter acetycholine in the brain. This actually results in improving the memory power and lowering the risk of age related memory loss.
- Prevents Cancer-Apple has several naturally occurring compounds that may help fight cancer. Flavonol rich apple could reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer.Several compound- Triterpenoids- in apple peel have potent anti growth activities against cancer cells.
- Weight loss–Apples are high in fiber which makes you full, satisfy your hunger for few calories,it can be a part of a healthy diet that promotes weight loss.Apples are high inn pectin, which binds with water and limits the amount of fat your cell can absorb.
Apples are incredibly good for your health. the long list of health benefits attributed to apple is due to the vitamins, minerals,nutrients and organic compound found in them.
It’s indeed true “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”
Many healthy recipes can be made with apple like smoothie
Note: Before eating Apple wash them well in warm water to remove wax coating used to increase shelf life but not good for health.