Achaari Aloo Bhaji2014-01-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
Achaari Aloo Bhaji is a simple,easy and delicious potato dish. Puri Bhaji is an integral part of North-Indian cuisine,to give that traditional bhaji a twist Achaar masala/pickle masala is used. And this Achaari aloo bhaji goes well with poori.
- Aloo / Potato - 500gms (boiled)
- Tomato - 2 Medium (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Fennel Seeds (saunf)- 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (methi)- 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - a large pinch
- Green Chilly - 2-3 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1" (chopped)
- Mango pickle masala (Aam achaar ka masala)- 3/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - as per taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Peel the boil potatoes and break in small pieces.
In a kadai heat oil then add cumin seed,fennel seed and fenugreek seed let it splutter .Then add asafoetida.
After that add chopped green chilly and ginger sauté for few seconds,then add achaar masala and fry on medium flame for 5-6 seconds.
Now add potato and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame,then add turmeric powder,red chilly powder,salt,coriander powder and chopped tomato.
And give a nice stir.And fry on low flame for 1 minute. Then add water when it starts boiling low the flame. And cook for 3-4 minutes.
Adjust the consistency of the gravy as per your requirement.
Garnish with coriander leave. Achaari Aloo Bhaji is ready.Serve with poori.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Total Carb24.5 g